Pre-Inspection Check List
If you are having your electrical installation checked, here is a pre-inspection check list that we have prepared for you.
Before our visit
- Preparation is the key
- On the day of the inspection we will require access to the electrical meter, gas meter, main water stop cock and fuse board. These areas will need to be clear and accessible.
- A lot of people don’t know where their main water stop cock is, so it is a good idea to familiarise yourself with its location before we arrive.
- As we require access to all the electrical points such as sockets, switches and lights, these also need to be accessible. To achieve the most comprehensive inspection possible, we can ill-afford to waste time moving furniture, and would suggest that is done before we arrive.
- To fully test the installation, we need to remove electrical items such as lamps from light fittings, plugs from sockets, bypass dimmer switches, electric gates and isolate appliances. Effectively we need to be left with the cabling and simple outlets to get the best readings. One of the tests we complete is an insulation resistance test, which assesses the effectiveness of the cables insulation. If something is left plugged in, we will get false readings, which may be logged as a failure or non-compliance.
- We will keep your fridges and freezers switched on as much as possible, and only switch them off momentarily.
- Switch off your computers and save your work.
- Please make us aware of any essential disability and life support equipment, and we will endeavour to cater for your needs.
- Have you informed all parties involved or affected (such as carers, lodgers, and landlords etc.), and given them a copy of this statement?
- Plan your day; if you can go out for all or part of the day it can make things a lot easier.
While we are there
- We will do our best to respect your home and privacy. As we will require access to all rooms to get our readings, we respectfully ask that all valuables and private items are put in the appropriate places.
- We will endeavour to stay out of your way as much as possible.
- If you work from home, loss of power and internet can disrupt your working day.
When we are finished
- We will do our best to plug everything back in again. If for whatever reason something is not working please check that the appliance is plugged in.
- We will put back anything that we have had to move.
- We will screw back everything that we have undone and leave your house in the same condition.
- We will then take the time to go through the certificate with you and explain where the areas of concern are. If you are on site, we will walk round with you and point these out.
- If you require a written quotation for the remedial work, all our quotations are itemised.
For advice on Pre-Inspection Check List, speak to the experienced team at Pure Electric.